We have no picture of the glass all over the flagstone, because we were very busy setting up for a house concert. The band carried right on with its rehearsal, unphased by the crashing glass.
Apparently, I could have ordered a new glass table top. But, nooooo, Gail has to make a new one. I considered using the broken glass in epoxy as the table top, but thought it would make it too heavy and use too much epoxy. Little did I know….
In the fall, I collected and pressed leaves from our yard.
Masking-taped the holes from the bottom.
Set up an epoxying station with plastic on the level floor of the workshop.
Here are the very easy instructions for using this product:
The kit “covers” 30 square feet. Applied product will set in 24 hours, with full cure in 72 hours. See this post to read about my first experience with this interesting product in our powder room.
Unfortunately, because I didn’t glue the leaves down thoroughly enough, most of their edges lifted up. The first coat did not cover the leaves.
After I apply the epoxy, it finds its level, like water. In other words, it settles down into any hole or crack it can find, and I wasted a bunch of it because it collected on the plastic underneath the tabletop.
This is all to say that one coat didn’t cover the leaves.
Two coats didn’t cover the leaves.
And, in fact, three coats didn’t quite cover the leaves. But, at $50 a pop, I declared it good enough. Finally, for the last coat, I taped up the edges so the epoxy wouldn’t just flow right off the surface.
Thank you for stopping by.
Here are some link parties I’m joining: